Saturday, July 11, 2009

Step 3--Assigning Days of the Week

For this step I've found it helpful to lay out a table with all of the days of the week for EACH student (you could do this for yourself for assigning household tasks or reading/work you'd like to do as well).
Look through your daily tasks and using the frequency you've determined, assign the tasks to the days you'd like to do these on. For example, I've got Nature Study 3x a week. The natural occurrence would be MWF, however I may want to do it on TTH and do a nature hike on F. It all depends on you and how you want your plan set up. One thing to take into consideration is that if you have many subjects 3x a week, you don't want MWF to be OVERWHELMING and then TTH to be fairly empty. This is extremely important also if you're hoping to have a light Friday, which I really enjoy. Friday is usually my day to get together at the park with my other homeschooling friends, so I don't want too heavy a load in the morning.

Here is an example of my layout:

No comments: