Friday, July 10, 2009

Planners/Scheduling

I've been trying out the CM Organizer from Simply Charlotte Mason and although I do like many things about it, it's not fitting my specific needs. I've seen similar frustrations among other CM moms and am wondering what exactly it is that would make a good planner. If you have any insight you'd like to offer, please do so. I'm going to go have a cup of coffee (in hopes of perking up my foggy brain) and have myself a little brainstorm and see what I can come up with...then ideally, come up with a solution. Eventually I'd like to come up with a web-based solution (and put to use the skills of my past life as a web designer) that I can offer to other CM moms to remedy what seems to be a fairly significant problem (at least in my eyes).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you have any feedback on what aspects of the CM Organizer didn't fit or where it just didn't feel comfortable enough, we would love to hear about it.

We're constantly improving the Organizer and much of that is based on the feedback we get.

~*~Janelle~*~ said...

As I said in my post, I'm trying to figure out EXACTLY what I'm looking for. For now the main thing I'd say about the CM Organizer is that you cannot view a day (not necessarily the NEXT day, just a specific day) or week or month in advance and print out plans. I like to have my plan in front of me so that I can know what to expect in the coming week or so. That's what I'd say is the biggest thing.

Michelle said...

I would have to add one of my frustrations with the CM Organizer is that we can't plan ahead. Many of the books that we use are borrowed from friends or the library, and with the current system you don't have the option to put in whether it needs to be borrowed, or even upcoming books.
A little note a week ahead of time would be great, for example, "Upcoming: Burgess Book of Animals by Thorton Burgess and The Shakespeare Stealer by Gary Blackwood
In addition, with 4 kids I like being able to look across a table type plan and see what is scheduled for each child.