Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Designing a Curriculum

I feel that I have been lead by the Lord to create my own curriculum, not only a curriculum but an establishment of learning where children and parents can be immersed in learning opportunities. Where music fills the air, fine art draws the attention of both parent and child and appreciation of nature abounds. A place where one sets foot inside of the doors and magnanimity takes over...you feel cultured and refined, yet not afraid to explore and get dirty, to experience God's marvelous works in a hands-on way.

Our schools these days are sorely missing the connection between God's creation and ourselves. Without this connection we cannot fully appreciate the world around us, we cannot appreciate each other or fully come to an understanding of those who came before us and left such a deep impression on this world we now live in. It is my calling to bring this back...perhaps on a small scale, perhaps on a grand one...the impact of this project is up to our Holy Creator, but a responsibility has been put into my hands to do His work. So far He has provided the vision and the passion but the actual resources will have to be up to His divine provision...for now I will make my plan and wait for Him to direct my steps.
Proverbs 16:9-In his heart a man plans his course,
but the LORD determines his steps.

No comments: