Monday, July 13, 2009

Chore/Routine Planning Goals

I thought I'd share what I'm working on in addition to planning my curriculum for this year. A huge part of our homeschool year is going to be dedicated to instilling good habits in our children by way of chores and routines. I am not the most structured person and find myself flitting from one task to another, never quite completing anything and then I wonder why my children struggle so with the same thing. Hmmmm...as they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, so this apple has got to set a better example! One of my biggest personal goals is to create a book list (this blog would be an ideal location for such a thing!), and to move through one or two books, using short lessons (can you imagine?!?!) and really seeking to understand what I'm reading. I oftentimes pick up a book that I'm SO excited about reading...in my eagerness I start it immediately, however, due to the fact that I've got 3 young children, my attention is not usually fixed on what I'm reading. Wow, I'm one of the best candidates for the Charlotte Mason method...no wonder I like the philosophy so much!! My goal is to really "study" what I'm reading and to stay on one or two books at a time instead of starting 4-5 books and never really understanding or finishing any of them...and if I DO actually finish it, I probably couldn't tell you what that particular book even contained! *blush*. Yes, I am flawed, so very flawed...praise the Lord for new beginnings!!

I digress...here is a list of routine/chore goals I've come up with...feel free to comment, it'd be interesting to get some feedback!

No comments: